Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P90X Day 29: Chest, Shoulders, Tricepts

I knew last nights work out was going to be hard. I heard my hubby complain about it when he started Phase 2. I also read a few reviews on it yesterday and they said pretty much the same things, it is a lot of push ups and really tough. And to sum it up that's what it was.

For a girl who hates push ups I wasn't very happy last night. There were quite the variety of push ups : Three in One, Plange, Two Twitch speed, side to side, and the dreaded one arm push ups. I modified my push ups like crazy. Doing them like a girl on my knees when I could. I just tried my best and I hope to improve by next week. In addition to all the many varieties of push ups there were also some other killer moves on there. The weighted circles had me go from my five pound weights down to just two water bottles, they were that hard. The flyrow presses were really difficult for me as well.

Overall I can tell this isn't going to be my favorite workout. I do like working on my tricepts and this routine does manage to do that. Today my arms are sore, and my shoulders. Last night my arms felt like wet noodles, thankfully today they are not quite that bad.

I did Ab Ripper last night also. I was NOT wanting to do Ab Ripper. I did it anyway. I pushed myself harder than last time trying to increase my endurance. The one place I know I am seeing progress is my waist. My shorts wouldn't stay on my butt yesterday so it's time to retire them and go back down a size. Which is a good feeling. Even if the pictures don't show the waist getting smaller, my clothes certainly tell the tale.

I took my stats today since it's officially Day 30. I'll post my stats and pics soon. Tonight is Plyo, good old Plyo. Still pushing play, every day, without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment