Tuesday, June 7, 2011

P90X Day 43: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps,

Sunday was a great day for our family. We spent a lot of time outside and we even managed to ride four miles with the girls. We got some swimming in as well. It was a nice start to our summer, and the cooler weather is a plus as well.
Last night was my final night of Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps until Week 10. Knowing this I tried to really push myself harder than ever before. Since I usually say how hard I worked but I don't get to really show you, I thought I'd post my stats from the first week and then the third week.
Slow motion 3 in 1 push ups: 11/12
In & Out Shoulder flys: 16 with 5 lb weights/ 16 with 8 lb weights
Chair Dips: 28/30
Plange Push ups: 12/13
Pike Presses: 8/12
Side tri-rises: 17/ 25
Floor Flys: 14/16
Scarecrows: 14 with 5 lbs/ 15 with 8 lbs
Overheard tricep extensions: 12 with 5 lbs/ 12 with 8 lbs
Two twitch speed pushups: 8/16
Y- presses: 13 with 5 lbs/14 with 8lbs
Lying tricep extensions: 15 with 5lbs/ 16 with 8 lbs
Side-to-side pushups: 9/14
Pour flys: 12 with 5 lbs/ 15 with 5 lbs
side-leaning tricep extensions: 23 with 5 lbs/ 22 with 8 lbs
One arm pushup: 3/8
Throw the bomb: 19 with 5 lb/22 with 8
Clap pushups: 6/8
slo mo throws: 8 with 5lbs/ 10 with 8 lbs
Front-to-Back tricep extensions: 9 with 5 lb/ 12 with 8 lbs
One arm balance pushup: 4/11
Flyrow presses: 7 with 5lb/ 11 with 5 lb
Dumbbell cross body blows: 40 with 5 lbs/ 40 with 8 lbs.
Looking over my stats it's easy to see that I improved on everything increasing my weight amount, my reps, or both. I am really much stronger than I was and I'm only getting stronger. Hopefully by week 10 I'll be ready to tackle some of the moves with 10 lb weights.
I also did Ab ripper last night and I really brought it. I pushed myself harder than ever before, really working on my abs until they were screaming. My abs are where I am seeing the most change and since I have always hated my post-baby flabby gut, I am really happy to see it starting to tighen up. Maybe by the end of this thing I will have a stomach I can be sort of happy with, instead of one that I am embarrassed by and always wanting to hide.
Tonight it's Plyo and possibly another bike ride with my family. I love how the changes we're making are changing how we spend our nights and weekends too. I want to be the family that bikes and hikes together, and not the family that just sits like slugs on the couch and vegs out every night.

1 comment:

  1. You bring it hard than anyone I know babe. You're almost up to me on weight on some of these moves! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete