Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Plan

Yesterday I posted about my losing momentum in my healthy lifestyle change. I had a bad day, and after giving it some thought, I think I've come up with a plan to get me back on track.

The first thing I need to do is keeping posting to my blog. No sooner did I stop posting daily to my blog, then suddenly all of my motivation went out the window. I need the blog to help keep me accountable and once a week just isn't doing the job.

The second thing I need to do is to track my calories again. I went for over two months tracking my calories every day using The Daily Plate. When I stopped tracking, I stopped keeping track of what I was eating, and how many calories I was consuming.

I think with doing these two things, along with doing my exercise nightly, I can continue to work toward my goals, and not face the yearly cycle of weight gain and regret.

Today I did both. I am currently blogging, and I have tracked everything that I have eaten. I have a better mindset then I did last night. I have a plan to keep me motivated and focused. Thank you to those of you who supported me last night, and helped me see that a bump in the road doesn't mean waving the white flag of defeat.

Back on track, still pushing play.

No comments:

Post a Comment