Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 4 (Rest week)

My hubby and I find it amusing that Week 4 is a "rest" week when it certainly doesn't feel like resting. We started the Week out with Cardio X, which I always enjoy because it mixes things up between Yoga, Plyometrics, Kenpo, and Core all in a short 43 minute DVD.

Last night however was the horror of horrors, Core. I cannot stand Core. Almost all of the push-ups are nearly impossible for me to do. I know, modify modify, and I do but still.... they are tough. Prison Cell push-ups, and so much more, they are not my idea of resting at all. We got through them. Today we're taking a real rest day, because hubby is riding his bike tonight and it's rough on him to ride, and do any sort of jumping or leg exercise. He's training for this big bicycle ride that he's going on in September. I am super proud of him for even attempting the ride. This means double exercise for him a couple nights a week. He is amazing!

The rest of the week will be Kenpo, more Core and Cardio X. We may repeat rest week next week also because we're headed out of town for two days and we don't want to mess up Week 1 of Phase 2. Hubby is still looking into what we should do.

My weight has been down, and back up again. I'm not pleased with that, but I can't deny that my clothes are starting to feel looser again, and my muscles are building up. I'll see more when we take our pictures next Monday and can compare them to the Day 1 pictures we took.

Well I just wanted to check in and say we are still chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment